Thursday, October 6, 2016

please don't burst my bubble


For a couple days, I've been really good at holding onto optimism.  I've had time at work, away from the reality that Steve is at home and unemployed.  I've nearly convinced myself that we have a good base and will ride this ordeal out with our chins up.  


But then tonight Steve began to remind me about things like health insurance and reducing the budget categories...and how we should and shouldn't spend.  I didn't want to hear it!  I don't want to feel how hard this might become.  I need to feel strong.  For myself.  For the kids.  


How am I going to remain positive in the middle of this mess?  How do I help my husband find the good in this situation?  This jarring change may lead us to something better than before.  We simply don't know yet. 


In the meantime, we've had some really sweet days.  Time together in our home; reading, cooking, playing music, running, riding bikes, touring the new library, watching old movies, visiting the botanic garden, learning, laughing... 


It doesn't have to be all bad, just because we have lost the majority of our cash flow.

It really doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment